Monday, March 15, 2010

More Improvment!

After spending several hours yesterday trying to do displace mapping and failing miserably, I decided to try it again after being shown how to do it, which took about five minutes. So once I finished fixing some texture issues I decided to try out the displace mapping again. Several hours later I was not happy with the affect. I got it to work, kind of, but it didn't look very good. Note the bad photo below, It looks like an ice shelf from a glacier in the middle of a barren plane.
That's when I got the suggestion to sculpt it instead. Which I think looks better. I still need to work on smoothing it out (note the hyper glossy part) but I like where its heading. I have a lot more to work on tomorrow but I think I'll have it at a pretty good place by Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment